PHRF Fleet Starting Sequence
Multiple Classes of Boats
- Alert: One minute prior to initiating the starting sequence, the Race Management Team (RMT) will alert the racers by several short fast sounds, andannounce the alert on VHF Channel 69.
- Warning: One minute later, the RMT will raise the “A” Flag, (5 minutes until the start) and one sound (The starting sequence has begun)
- Preparatory: At 30 seconds after the warning the RMT starts a 30 second Countdown (30 seconds,20 seconds, 10 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 “Mark.”) At Mark the RMT will raise “P” Preparatory Flag a Blue Flag White Square and one sound. (4 minutes until the start).
- 1 & 1/2 minutes until the start: the RMT starts a 30 second countdown (30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 “Mark.”) At Mark the RMT will remove the Preparatory Flag and one “long” sound. (1 minute until the start)
- 30 seconds: before the start the RMT starts a 30 second countdown (30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 “Mark.” At Mark the RMT will remove the Class Flag “A”, at the same time raise the Class Flag “for the next class”and one sound. This is the Warning (5 minutes for the next class start) RMT announces any boats over the line after the Start Signal. Appropriate recall flag displayed for boat(S) over.
- Repeat the sequence for Class C using Class Flag “C”.
- The official signal is the raising or lowering of the signal flags.
- The starting line flag is a yellow flag and is place on the port side of the boat.
- The RC boat is always to starboard of the Pin Mark.
Starting Sequence PHRF Fleet Multi Classes
Race Committee Handbook
Bob Cusack - Revised September 4, 2017