PHRF Fleet Starting Sequence
One Division of Boats
- Alert: One minute prior to initiating the starting sequence, the Race Management Team (RMT) will alert the racers by several short fast sounds, andannounce the alert on VHF Channel 69.
- Warning: One minute later, the RMT will raise the PHRF Flag, (5 minutes until the start) and one sound (The starting sequence has begun)
- Preparatory: At 30 seconds after the warning the RMT starts a 30 second Countdown (30 seconds,20 seconds, 10 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 “Mark.”) At Mark the RMT will raise “P” Preparatory Flag a Blue Flag White Square and one sound. (4 minutes until the start).
- 1 & 1/2 minutes until the start: the RMT starts a 30 second countdown (30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 “Mark.”) At Mark the RMT will remove the Preparatory Flag and one “long” sound. (1 minute until the start)
- 30 seconds: before the start the RMT starts a 30 second countdown (30 seconds, 20 seconds, 10 seconds, 5,4,3,2,1 “Mark.” At Mark the RMT will remove the Class Flag, and one sound. RMT announces any boats over the line after the Start Signal.
- The official signal is the raising or lowering of the signal flags.
- The starting line flag is a yellow flag and is place on the port side of the boat.
- The RC boat is always to starboard of the Pin Mark.
Starting Sequence PHRF Fleet One Division.doc.
Race Committee Handbook
Bob Cusack - Revised June 27, 2016